This recipe is perfect for a hearty winter meal that everyone in the family could enjoy together. It is packed with flavour and vitamins, and the spice combination makes it deliciously aromatic. The softened dried peaches add a natural sweetness to the dish (if you can’t find these, use regular dried peach halves and soak them in some boiling water for 30 minutes).
*What you’ll need:
- 1 packet boneless chicken thighs (10-12 thighs)
- 1 tin chick peas (drained)
- 3-4 medium-sized leeks, finely diced (or one medium onion)
- 3-4 medium sized carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 large red pepper, finely chopped
- 4-5 softened dried peach halves (6-8 apricot halves could also work)
- Handful fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1/2 tsp garlic
- 1 Tbs tomato paste
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Heat half the olive oil in a large pan on a high heat
- Brown the chicken thighs for 1 minute on each side and then set aside
- Using the second Tbs of the oil, fry the garlic, leeks, carrots, tomatoes and red pepper until softened
- Add the spices and continue to cook the mixture for a further 1-2 minutes
- Add back the browned chicken thighs
- Add the water and the tomato paste
- Add the chickpeas and the chopped peaches
- When the mixture begins to bubble, turn down the heat to a medium setting and allow the mixture to simmer for a further ten minutes
- Once the sauce has thickened, stir in the chopped coriander
- Serve with basmati rice/brown rice or quinoa
Puree until the desired consistency (depending on the age of your baby) and freeze in individual portions.
*Makes 10-12 portions.
- The above will need to be adapted should your baby or toddler have an allergic reaction to any of the mentioned ingredients.
- Never leave your baby or toddler alone when they are eating